cot'tage
( kot'ij ), n. 1. A small family dwelling ; a hut ; a cot . Cottage is now applied to any modest country or suburban dwelling . 2.A shed used for temporary shelter for man or beast. One of several detached houses forming a hotel , a city or country house of one story though sometimes with attic rooms. 3. A very peaceful ,relaxing , home or cabin filled with cozy, comfortable ,carefree, time worn, vintage furniture and accessories . 4. A place to rest and rejuvenate.



July 30, 2010

Still sick :(












Morning Glories !
I pray today will bring you the simple joys of life ! Look around God always has His creative hand in so many things we just have to look around ..I pray you see them today ! Amen
Well Im still not better yet and I had an even worse night last night ..seems like breathing is getting worse ? I will try to be positive and pray that soon the antibiotics start to kick in..in the mean time ..Im just not well enough to get any of my projects done ..I dont even feel well enough to sit at my sewing machine..and Im really getting antsy !! But I have much time to live my dreams out and I know this is just a little bump in the road of life ...(the forest lined country road of life) ..lol
I thought I would post the pics of my little cottage style patio I have in my yard..this pation is off my garage and my sweet husband rebuilt it for me last year ..because we found that the carpenter ants had destroyed the inner core of the walls ..what a mess ! But I will have to thank those ants ..kind of ..because I got to repaint it the way I had wanted to for years ! And I was finally able to redecorate it the way I truely wanted ..which is Country Cottage Style !!
In some of the pics you will see some of my past projects ...like the 2 antique oak porch rocking chairs...my next door neighbor( an elderly man ) was putting them to his curb ...all the seat slats were off but they were there ..I flew out the door almost tripped across his lawn ..and said " are you throwing these out ?" He said "yes " ..I took them lol..my husband simply screwed the slats back on and here they are ! One of my favorite ..trash to treasure finds of all ! Also the little round table in between the rockers ..yard sale 2 dollars ..I only cleaned that ... the crystal lamp on it was my grandmothers ! I made the pillow covers and the chairpad cover for the wicker sofa to match the comforter I had.. I was very lucky to find the same material ! The old wooden sea crate box ..was also a yard sale find I think it was only 3 ..I painted the metal shelves I already had a sage green... the shutters on the window were a yard sale find 2 for the pr ..I simply cut off the bottoms across and white washed them ! My Mom made me the embroidery quilt and my Dad made the frame ..I thought it was perfect for that room ..and that little girl in the quilt is just how I feel !! I pride myself on the fact that this room was almost entirely made up of curbside freebies..yard sales..hand me downs ..and sewing projects... I feel so at peace in this little room ..it's not real big but it has alot of love in it ! I have done much Bible study in this room and many prayers as well ..It's my little sanctuary! These are the type of rooms I can hopefully one day help others create !!

Blessings and peace,
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments !