cot'tage
( kot'ij ), n. 1. A small family dwelling ; a hut ; a cot . Cottage is now applied to any modest country or suburban dwelling . 2.A shed used for temporary shelter for man or beast. One of several detached houses forming a hotel , a city or country house of one story though sometimes with attic rooms. 3. A very peaceful ,relaxing , home or cabin filled with cozy, comfortable ,carefree, time worn, vintage furniture and accessories . 4. A place to rest and rejuvenate.



August 18, 2010

Ive been busy !








Morning Glories,

Dear Lord,
I will rejoice in this day that you have made ,and I will be glad in it ! I ask you for peaceful blessings to be poured out on all my sweet friends today ! Thank you ! Amen
Well ..I have been very busy ..since I have been feeling so much better..and I seem to have abounding amounts of energy ! I am so blessed ! And I have to Thank God ...He is making all this possible in my life ! 7 months ago I was suffering horribly with Rheumatoid Arthritis and UC and on horrible medications ! A month ago I prayed for healing and to stop smoking and for energy and restored health ! And so far stopped smoking and my joints have been feeling better and better and my stomach has been good and I have tons of energy ! All I know is God is so amazing and I am just so grateful for His doing this in me !
With that said ! I am so excited to share some more of my latest projects with you ..where do I begin ..hmmmmm??..... well I picked up a really neat wooden headboard at a yard sale it looks like its from the 50's possibly ..well Im gonna take it and put wainscoting inside the front part and paint it all white ..distress it a little ..I have to say thank you to the very nice 2 ladies at that sale who gave me such a great deal on the headboard !! I hope they will be proud of what I transform it into ..Im very excited about this headboard ..it's my first one ..with hopefully many more to come !...Also I finished a wicker basket and put the vintage lace all around it ..and some dryed hydrangeas in it ..it turned out really nice ..I also cleaned up the 3 crystal lamps so they sparkle ..and I stopped at CTS and picked up a whole cart full of sweet floral lampshades,very cottage style, and Im going to use them for all the lamps Im redoing ..I used one for the transformed kerosene lamp I repainted ..It looks really adorable with it ! Im almost done with the beach chair and Im going to be sewing some pillows with all this awesome material I picked up at some yard sales last Friday ..I finished one of my peg racks and also a clock ..and Ive got so much more to do ! Ive also decided to take an area in my basement and paint it and fix it up for a workshop area ..Im so strewn all around my house ..inside and out ..and it's getting to me now ..I want this all in one place to work in ! So this will be nice downstairs ..but ,now ..ive got yet another project ..lol !!
Well enjoy some of the before and after pics ..and keep in mind...down the road ..these items will all be for sale ..so if there is anything you see now your interested in ..feel free to email me !
Have a creative and peaceful day !
Blessings&Peace,
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments !