Good Morning Glories ~
I pray that you all have been well since I've been away !
Speaking of which ,I know I owe an explanation of what has taken me so long to get on here and write a little... ( some of it is just crazy unbelievable , but true non the less )
So... I thought I would just whip them out in a top ten list sort of thing ..just to make it interesting ...
1. On December 30th 2011 I fell down in a pot hole in the parking lot of Michaels craft store parking lot and broke my right ankle, what a way to bring in the New Year !
2. Go to Ortho Surgeon next day and get a cast put on ...NO walking down stairs ( Craft Studio in basement ) ..or driving ...for 4 weeks at least , needless to say I didn't get much work done !
3. On January 26th 2012 I received a phone call from my absolute favorite Country Store " Canal Country Artisans " the owner Patty, invited me to come and set up a booth at her store, I was given just a few days and two weeks total to get as many things done as I could , design a booth ,build it , get everything all priced and set up ..I took the challenge , broken ankle and all!
4. On February 13th 2012 ..I moved in to my brand new amazing booth "No 17" that my sweetest husband Paul so graciously made for me ..you can see it in the photos I will be posting ..he put up white wainscoting for me ..it turned out just like I always dreamed it would ! Thank you Paul ,my sisters Wendy and Betsy for ALL YOUR HELP !!
5. On February 16th 2012 ...my youngest son Corey turned 21...I just cannot believe it ...my baby is 21 ..I spent the day reminiscing over his baby pictures and crying ..they grow up too fast ..just way too fast ..Happy Birthday Corey I love you !..and no matter how old you get ,you'll always be my baby !
6. On February 17th 2012 ..I turned 50 yrs old !! We celebrated by going to some thrift stores ( that's really what I wanted to do lol !) On February 18th 2012 ..hubby surprised me with an amazing 50th Birthday Party ! Yeah !! I was so so shocked and surprised I had no idea at all and he really showed no signs of planning anything. It was so much fun and all of my dearest friends were there to help celebrate my special day. The food was awesome !
7. On February 19th 2012 ..Our whole family went out for a beautiful dinner to celebrate the two Birthdays at the "Seneca Niagara Casino" in a restaurant called "La Cascade" ..amazing food, wonderful time !
8. On February 20th 2012 ...I get an unexpected phone call from Patty at Canal Country Artisans that all of my furniture has been sold and I no longer have anything to place my smaller items on..??? Say that again ? I just killed my self getting all of that ready ..and in literally 5 days it's gone ?? I was so caught off guard and very shocked ..but very happy as well ..that so many people liked my items ! ...Back to working like crazy ..it's a good thing :)
9. On February 21st 2012 ...I woke up with THE FLU !! Yes ..the really really bad one ! I was in bed for almost two weeks ..and sick for a month ..it was horrible ..and I still have a lingering cough. My adorable hubby got a few pieces of furniture all sanded and painted for me and we brought them to my booth ...I don't know what I would do without him !
10. I'm starting to finally feel somewhat normal...and I'm trying to get caught up with everything I am so behind on and hoping to get into a regular routine once again. But wouldn't ya know it ? I get yet another call from Pat at CCA ..they bought me out again ! So anyway...I am trying to hard to keep up with all of this ..and get ready for my summer shows as well ..but frankly ..I am pooped !
What a crazy exciting year for me so far ..but I am absolutely 100% grateful and so so blessed ! I thank God for these blessings and opportunities He has given me ! Oh yeah ...the ankle is doing great and healing nicely too !
I hope you are also having a blessed New Year !
Be back soon with photos of Booth No. 17
Blessings & Peace ~
cot'tage ( kot'ij ), n. 1. A small family dwelling ; a hut ; a cot . Cottage is now applied to any modest country or suburban dwelling . 2.A shed used for temporary shelter for man or beast. One of several detached houses forming a hotel , a city or country house of one story though sometimes with attic rooms. 3. A very peaceful ,relaxing , home or cabin filled with cozy, comfortable ,carefree, time worn, vintage furniture and accessories . 4. A place to rest and rejuvenate.